21 Together run a variety of different speech and language focused sessions, from regular Saturday sessions to school holiday camps.
Find Out More:
Communication Groups: Speech and language groups focused on social communication for children who require small group work. These groups start from those starting school at four and can cover all school aged children and young people.
Circle Groups: These are communication-focused social groups for young people with Down syndrome aged 11 to early 20s. Following on from speech and language therapy groups for younger children, these sessions focus on communication, relationships, community and identity, and provide opportunities to:
- Meet up with friends and make new friends,
- Socialise and take part in fun activities with facilitation
- Talk about their lives and what’s on their minds, and offer each other support
- Get support with speech and language skills, including clearer speech, alternative means of communication, vocabulary skills, and social skills and social language.
- Practice skills in making and maintaining relationships, assertion, and self-expression.
It is important to note that not all young people will benefit from this style of group straight away, it may be beneficial for even older young people to access a smaller communication group. We always assess individual need and look at the needs of the groups when allocating spaces.
Holiday Communication Camps: These are intensive three day sessions in the Easter and Summer holidays. They cover all children and young people, camps will vary but they are all run by Symbol UK Ltd therapists with 21 Together staff available to support. This provides the children and young people with a more intensive environment to work on speech, social skills, friendships, appropriate behaviour and social interaction.
To register your interest and join the waiting list please email us at email@example.com with:
- the child/young person’s name
- date of birth
- contact phone number
- current year at school
- mainstream or special school
- a very brief description of their current speech level. We do have a waiting list but we are working hard to get the funds and staff in place to launch more sessions. If you or the companies you may work for could help in any way then please get in touch. We are always looking for innovative ways to work with the community to ensure an ongoing income to support our work.